Did you know?
in 2017 we raised £155K / US$220K for local charities
Raising money for charity is a key element of Walk the World.
All participants are asked to donate a minimum of £10/US$15 to their office charity (amount might differ in other locations, see local communications for details). To make a donation, visit your walk on the Walks page.
As well as making a donation, why not raise even more money, either as a group within your office or in your spare time? If you are walking a challenging distance, you could ask friends and family for sponsorship.
Raise over £100/US$150 (or local amount communicated) and take an additional day off work!
If your office is raising money through
Need a little inspiration?
Click here to see 100 fundraising ideas. There are activities for everyone!
Charity Prizes (totaling up to £50,000 / US$74,000) – Deadline 29 June
Informa will give out bonus donation prizes to office charities. The more money you raise and the more participants your office has, the higher the chance of winning a prize!
1. When your office reaches 30% participation – £5/US$7 per person for charity
2. When your office reaches 60% participation – £10/US$14 per person for charity
3. Office that fundraises the most (>100 people) – £1,000 / US$1,400 for charity (<100 people) – £1,000 / US$1,400 for charity
4. Office that walk the furthest (>100 people) – £1,000 / US$1,400 for charity (<100 people) – £1,000 / US$1,400 for charity
5. Top charity partnership* – two offices each win £1,000 / US$1,400 for charity
*Criteria: awarded to the top partnership that connects people and knowledge together; has a long-term prospect (at least 2years); volunteer opportunities etc. To enter this category, please post a story about your charity and walk on Portal Conversations on the Portal home page*
Individual charity prizes – worth £1,000 / US$1,400
1. Best photo – post on Portal Conversations on the Portal home page*
2. Best video – email video to email@example.com
3. Best story – create
5. Most inspiring walk (homeworker category). 4 winners will each win £250 / $350 – post on Portal Conversations on the Portal home page*
*To enter this category, please post a story about your charity and walk on Portal Conversations on the Portal home page by 29 June 2018 for a chance to win.
Capturing fundraising totals
Keeping track of how much we’ve raised collectively is a little bit complicated! To ensure everything is counted, please make sure your walk leader knows your total no later than 29 June (this only applies if you have not raised money or donated through the official CrowdRise or JustGiving links on your walk page).